Job details inside.
Job Title: Executive Chef
Local Lounge • Grille is a 130 seat restaurant located in Summerland, BC on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Local offers an upscale casual dining menu that features cuisine inspired by locally grown and sustainable ingredients. We tour the scenic Okanagan Valley’s local farms and markets to source the freshest ingredients available for our seasonally inspired menu which is all about TASTE.
For the complete epicurean experience guests will appreciate selecting from more than 175 British Columbia VQA wines, numerous local craft beers and an assortment of classic cocktails.
We believe that the food is what gives a restaurant its flavour. We source for our guests an innovative and locally inspired menu. By pairing unmatched quality with addictive flavours, our goal is to offer tastes for every lifestyle. We are pleased to support local suppliers and merchants whenever possible.
Local Lounge • Grille is seeking a dedicated professional to lead our culinary team. Ideal candidate must display a passion for food and cooking, lead by example, be dedicated to quality and service. Candidate must possess strong management and communication skills.
Executive Chef Job Duties:
• Development of seasonal menus and concept in concert with the owners.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Food Services budget by monitoring expenditures and taking action as required. Provide input into capital and operating budget for assigned area
• Maintains proper food control standards, in accordance with B.C. provincial laws,
• Consistency in quality, labour and food cost, menus, budgets and operating costs,
• Regular costing of food, margin analyses to ensure that the products offered are in line with profit goals,
• Performs monthly physical inventory and provides month-end variance report
• Monitor purchasing, approve and authorize invoices, review invoices for processing to the accounting department,
• To facilitate the communication flow between the Owners and the kitchen associates,
• Able to manage events, weddings, meetings, etc.
• Coach and motivate associates including disciplinary action when necessary
• Supervision of all kitchen personnel including recruitment, interviewing, hiring, termination, performance and other related information,
• Quality controls and systems
• Train and develop proper use of Prep Charts, Order Guide and Inventory
• Understanding of food and beverage control systems, food and labour costs, health and safetystandards
• Understanding of front of house operations and off-site catering functions
• Carrying out all duties following Local Hospitality Group standards.
• Ensure a clean and safe working environment.
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
• Red Seal Certification, or culinary degree, and three years experience in similar position.
• Strong wine, spirit and beer knowledge.
• Wine Education Certificate (such as WSET) is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in face paced, high stress environment
• Works well in a high-volume, team-oriented environment.
• Valid Food Safe Levels
• First aid an asset
• Human resource management skills are required; recruitment, selection, training, performance management etc.
• Financial management skills such as basic accounting and budget calculations
• Good communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Time management skills
• Analytical skills
Compensation based on experience. To apply for this position, please email a resume to email@example.com