Job details inside.
Sebastian & Co Fine Organic Meats is hiring!
We are looking for an outgoing individual with a passion for food and excellent knife skills to join our team. Butchering experience a definite plus, but willing to train the right individual who has a culinary background.
The successful individual will grow into a dynamic role which will include:
- cutting picture-perfect steaks from beautifully dry-aged short loins and hanging ribs
- breaking down sides of pork
- producing charcuterie products (including fresh sausages, smoked hams, bacon, bresaola, pancetta, prosciutto, etc)
- developing new products for the shop, such as pates, terrines, marinades, etc.
- fulfilling wholesale orders
- educating customers on the value of natural, organic and dry-aged meat
- communicating cooking techniques and sharing culinary ideas with customers
Some heavy lifting and basic shop tasks such as cleaning will be required. Customer interaction plays a key role in this position, so applicants must have a sincere passion for food, a great personality, high standards and an eye for perfection.
We are a high profile, young and energetic company with plenty of room for growth for the right person. As such, we are looking for a long-term commitment.
Due to the volume of response, we regret that we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you do not hear from us, we wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Please drop off resumes in person to 2425 Marine Drive, West Vancouver.